Roxanna speaks at events around the country, providing training and support for teachers and a teacher’s eye view on a variety of education issues. Her speeches offer practical advice in a funny, honest way, crafted to directly address the needs of each audience. To see a good example of Roxanna’s speaking style, watch this TED-style talk on The Myth of the Super Teacher.
To inquire about speaking availability and fees, please email email@example.com.
Select Keynote Speeches
- Becoming THAT Teacher — Future Educators Association, National Symposium
- Stronger Than Chicken Soup: What the Souls of New Teachers Really Need — New Teacher Center, National Symposium
- New Teacher Orientation Keynote — Multiple school districts
- Mid-Year New Teacher Orientation Keynote — Multiple school districts
- Commencement Keynotes — New Leaders Council, Miami; National Board Teachers of South Florida
- The Myth of the Super Teacher – TED-Style talk, Education Writers Association National Conference
- How to Talk about Teaching – National Teaching & Learning Conference, National Board for Professional Teacher Certification. (View the Prezi here.)
- LeNOIWTA: Let’s Not Overdo It With The Acronyms (and Other Secrets to Teacher Buy-In and Retention) – NewSchools Venture Fund Summit
- When Good Lessons Go Bad: How to Manage your Classroom and your Sanity When a Lesson Doesn’t go as Planned –National Board Teachers of South Florida “Survive and Thrive” Conference
- Writing About Work
Making It Funny: The Art and Science of Humor Writing (Sign up for the free online version here.)
- First Draft Happy Hour – Topic: Creation and Procreation
Learning, Then Burning – Or at Least Overturning – the Writing Rule Book (Sign up for the free online version here.)