Roxanna speaks at events around the country, providing training and support for teachers and a teacher’s eye view on a variety of education issues. She also teaches workshops and classes for writers. Her speeches offer practical advice in a funny, honest way, crafted to directly address the needs of each audience. To see an example of Roxanna’s speaking style, watch this TED-style talk on The Myth of the Super Teacher.
To inquire about speaking availability and fees, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select Keynote Speeches
- Becoming THAT Teacher — Future Educators Association, National Symposium
- Stronger Than Chicken Soup: What the Souls of New Teachers Really Need — New Teacher Center, National Symposium
- New Teacher Orientation Keynote — Multiple school districts
- Mid-Year New Teacher Orientation Keynote — Multiple school districts
- Commencement Keynotes — New Leaders Council, Miami; National Board Teachers of South Florida
Select Workshops and Presentations
(Please note: There are workshops available for every topic in the book’s table of contents, which you can find here.)
- The Myth of the Super Teacher – TED-Style talk, Education Writers Association National Conference
- How to Talk about Teaching – National Teaching & Learning Conference, National Board for Professional Teacher Certification.
- LeNOIWTA: Let’s Not Overdo It With The Acronyms (and Other Secrets to Teacher Buy-In and Retention) – NewSchools Venture Fund Summit
- When Good Lessons Go Bad: How to Manage your Classroom and your Sanity When a Lesson Doesn’t go as Planned –National Board Teachers of South Florida “Survive and Thrive” Conference
Select Writing Workshops
- Making It Funny: The Art and Science of Humor Writing (Sign up for the free online version here.)
- Learning, Then Burning – Or at Least Overturning – the Writing Rule Book
- Using Behavioral Science Research to Craft Better Scenes and Characters
- Writing About Work
- Writing from the Outside In